Council on International Veterinary Medical Education Research Grant Program
WASHINGTON, DC – The Council on International Veterinary Medical Education (CIVME) is an initiative of the American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges which is keen to promote and share best practices in veterinary medical education around the world. The council will provide a means for:
- Communication and collaboration that advances veterinary medical education around the world
- Collaboration amongst educational researchers
- Dissemination of innovations and other educational advances, to magnify the impact of projects by outreach to educators and their respective organizations
The CIVME Funding Program will support initiatives that align with (one of) the above-mentioned goals. The applicant(s) must clearly and convincingly describe that the proposed project promotes international collaboration in veterinary medical education.
NOTE: Preference will be given to applications that are collaborative efforts between institutions and across regions. If you have an idea and are interested in collaborating but don’t have partners, then please contact CIVME at CIVMEfirstname.lastname@example.org and we can help suggest potential partners for you to work with prior to the deadline.
Total project budgets should not exceed $10,000 and are limited for a period of maximum of 24 months. Further information for applicants is described in the Research Grant Application form.
Timeline Grant Application
- November 2018: Program Announcement: Announcement + Grant application form posted on the CIVME website and in the CIVME newsletter
- January 30, 2019–late 11:00 a.m. EST: Deadline submission: Grant proposals received at CIVMEemail@example.com
- February 2019: Review application: Review of submitted proposals by CIVME-members; each proposal reviewed by two members; quality judgement based on predefined criteria (e.g. relevance, impact, fit with CIVME goals, feasibility, risk analysis)
- March 2019 AAVMC Meeting: Applicants notified of awards and announcement at meeting: Email from CIVME to applicants, and notification of awards on website and newsletter
Download the grant application here.