University of New England Amasses Accolades for Excellence in Education
PORTLAND, ME – The University of New England (UNE), a coastal Maine-based university dedicated to shaping the future through innovation, has earned a high volume of recognition this year for its commitment to excellence and student-centric approaches to education.
Since the beginning of 2015, UNE has earned 17 notable top-rankings for its successful online graduate education programs, delivering high value and having a marked impact on increasing student career earnings. These awards and rankings come from a variety of organizations such as Payscale.com, U.S. News & World Report, Princeton Review and Brookings, to name a few.
UNE’s recent achievements include:
- Best 380 Colleges — Princeton Review
- #1 Among Maine Universities and Colleges for Increasing Student Career Earnings — The Brookings Institution
- High Salary Potential for Graduating Students in 2015 — Payscale
- Most Affordable Online Graduate Schools for Master’s Degrees — Best Master’s Programs
- 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings — OnlineU.org
- Students Before Profits Award — Nonprofit Colleges Online
- Top Colleges of 2015 — Forbes
- Top Hidden Gem College in Maine — College Raptor, Inc.
- Best Online Graduate Education Programs — U.S. News & World Report
- Top Online Education Provider — OnlineMastersPrograms.org
- Notable Online College — bestschools.com
- Best Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Programs — Top RN to BSN
- Best Online MPH Programs of 2014-15 —Public Health Online
- Top 25 Online MSW Programs for 2014-15 —Best MSW Programs
- Top Online Master’s of Social Work programs — Social Work Degree Guide
- Maine State Merit Award
- 30 Amazing Colleges at the Beach — Online Schools Center
“Through our continually expanding repertoire of program offerings, our global education opportunities and our interdisciplinary approaches to learning, we are constantly striving to provide students with the most diverse and valuable educational experience possible,” says UNE President Danielle Ripich, Ph.D. “We are not, however, resting on our laurels. We are continually exploring new ways to make sure our graduates have the best skills so that they may benefit their communities in Maine, the United States and around the world.”
For more information about UNE’s top-ranked Online College of Graduate and Professional Studies, please visit online.une.edu. To learn more about the latest UNE news, visit www.une.edu/news/2015.
About the University of New England
The University of New England (UNE) is an innovative health sciences university grounded in the liberal arts. It has two distinctive coastal Maine campuses and a campus in Tangier, Morocco. With internationally recognized scholars in the sciences, health, medicine and the humanities, UNE offers more than 40 undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs and is home to Maine’s only medical and dental schools. It is one of a select group of private universities with a comprehensive health education mission that includes medicine, pharmacy, dental medicine, nursing and an array of allied health professions. Visit www.une.edu.