SIIA Announces Nomination Period for 2017 Ed Tech CODiE Awards
WASHINGTON, DC – SIIA, the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, announces the nomination period for the 2017 SIIA CODiE Awards. Applications, products and services from developers of educational software, digital content, online learning services and related technologies across the education sector are invited to apply.
This year’s program features 34 education categories, several of which are new or updated to reflect the latest industry trends and business models. All entries also qualify for the top overall education solution which is awarded to one product or solution during an in-person ceremony in July at the Education Industry Summit.
New Categories in 2017
Each year SIIA stakeholders, including past judges and ETIN board members, review the Education Technology categories to ensure the awards reflect the Education technology ecosystem.
In 2017 the following new categories have been added:
- Best Coding & Computational Thinking Solution – Recognizes the best educational solution or platform that teaches students coding and computational skills, logic, problem solving, computer science and algorithmic thinking. Solutions may include language platforms, robotics and coding courses, not excluding hardware options or a blend of hardware and software. Solutions should allow students to think creatively, reason systematically, work collaboratively and share their creations with others.
- Best Digital Aggregation & Sharing Solution – Recognizes the best digital platform for educators to gather, describe and share resources of all online sources and formats (websites, videos, applications, files, images, etc.). Designed for the PK-12 or higher education markets, the tool allows users to curates content for customized collections that can be shared with students, parents and other educators.
- Best Emerging Education Technology Solution – Recognizes a new and innovative technology tool that is emerging to solve an educational problem, whether in the instructional or administrative area. It can change how students learn, increase their interest in learning or could open new delivery channels for instruction. This new tool could also support administrators in their education management or communication functions. All nominated products in this category must be less than three years old.
- Best Enterprise Application Integration Solution – Recognizes the best new tool or tool set, including APIs, that ensures seamless interoperability and integration between applications, software, services and systems across the educational enterprise. Solution should promote standardization, demonstrate best practices in certification and within heterogeneous environments, and promote data security within frameworks of collaboration and programming transparencies.
- Best Social-Emotional Development Solution – Recognizes the best digital product or service specifically designed to develop social emotional skills and knowledge for learners that contributes to their ability to successfully navigate daily activities and compensate for their invisible needs or disabilities. Includes applications that help learners develop social emotional skills also known as “non-cognitive skills” such as communicating and interacting with others, problem solving, self-regulation and setting and achieving goals.
The complete list of categories include:
- Best PreK/Early Childhood Learning Solution
- Best Classroom Management Solution
- Best K-12 Course or Learning Management Solution
- Best K-12 Enterprise Solution
- Best Higher Education Enterprise Solution
- Best Higher Education Learning Content Solution
- Best Higher Education LMS or Learning Platform
Digital Service or Product
- Best Authoring/Development Tool for Educators
- Best Coding & Computational Thinking Solution
- Best Collaborative Social Media Solution for Educators
- Best Digital Aggregation & Sharing Solution
- Best Education Cloud-Based Solution
- Best Educational App for a Mobile Device
- Best Data Solution
- Best Emerging Education Technology Solution
- Best Enterprise Application Integration Solution
- Best Learning Capacity-Building Solution
- Best Learning Relationship Management Solution
- Best Social-Emotional Development Solution
- Best Source for Reference or Education Resources
- Best Student Assessment Solution
- Best College & Career Readiness Solution
- Best Creativity Tool for Students
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution
- Best ESL, ELL or World Language Acquisition Solution
- Best Game-Based Curriculum Solution
- Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- Best Professional Learning Solution for Faculty & Administrative Staff
- Best Reading/English/Language Arts Instructional Solution
- Best Science Instructional Solution
- Best Social Sciences or Social Studies Instructional Solution
- Best Solution for Special Needs Students
- Best Virtual Learning Solution
- Best Corporate/Workforce Learning Solution
Nominate at siia.net/CODiE/nominate.
“The CODiE Awards remain the industry high-water mark for education technology products and services,” says Christopher Lohse, senior vice president and managing director of ETIN. “Their rigorous adjudication by an outside panel of education and technology experts makes the CODiE distinction a coveted prize.”
Educators and administrators are invited to apply to judge the CODiE Awards. Judges are responsible for reviewing assigned products, which determine the CODiE Awards finalists, and SIIA members then vote on the finalist products. The scores from both rounds are tabulated to select the winners.
About the CODiE Awards
The SIIA CODiE Awards is the only peer-reviewed program to showcase business and education technology’s finest products and services. Since 1986, thousands of products, services and solutions have been recognized for achieving excellence. For more information, visit siia.net/CODiE.
SIIA is an umbrella association representing 800+ technology, data and media companies globally. Industry leaders work through SIIA’s divisions to address issues and challenges that impact their industry segments with the goal of driving innovation and growth for the industry and each member company. This is accomplished through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations. For more information, visit siia.net.