Advanced Methods for Ensuring Healthier Schools
A veteran industrial hygienist will share hard-won insights on how to make school and campus environments healthier, by providing an overview of:
- IAQ, HVAC, Thermal Comfort
- Ergonomics, Furniture
What You Will Learn
- The difference between generalized air treatment (e.g., HVAC) and localized air purification (e.g., room air purifiers, unit ventilators) for better indoor air quality and comfort.
- How user-centered design is driving furniture selection, better ergonomics and learning in diverse areas, from classrooms to corridors.
- The importance of speech intelligibility, and why it’s vital to tailor acoustics for areas including classrooms, cafeterias, gymnasiums, music rooms, and auditoriums.
- Why dynamic lighting and tunable LEDs that adjust color temperatures — “warm” to “cool” – enable better learning.
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Time: 10 AM Pacific / Noon Central / 1 PM Eastern
Duration: 1 hour
About Our Speaker
Robert Woellner is an Industrial Hygienist and the President of QUEST Environmental. Bob and his companies specialize in indoor air quality, industrial hygiene, scientific and environmental investigative techniques and environmental risk assessment and management. QUEST companies perform indoor air quality and industrial hygiene assessments throughout the US and internationally, most commonly in schools and commercial buildings. Mr. Woellner lectures and publishes extensively including his co-authored book "International Environmental Risk Management” and has served as an expert on dozens of indoor air quality, industrial hygiene, building defect, and environmental risk assessment cases.
The webcast concludes with a 15-minute live Q&A session.
All registrants will have access to the live event and an on-demand recording of the presentation. If registrants want to watch the presentation again or have a scheduling conflict, they can register and access the on-demand version of this webcast, which will be available the following day.